Dimensions (W x H x D):15.4" x 8.7" x 5.9"
Rated Current:60 A
Maximum Open Circuit Voltage:600 VDC
Battery Voltage:48 VDC
- Delivers the Industry’s Best-in-Class Power Efficiency
- Uses Morningstar’s patented 4-Stage Charging Algorithm to Optimize Battery Health
- Charging States: Bulk, Absorption, Float and Equalize
- Equipped with Extensive System Networking, Monitoring and Communications
- Environmentally-Optimized Design
- Extensive Electronic Protections
- Superior Lightning Protection (from nearby lightning-induced voltage and current spikes)
- Robust Thermal and Mechanical Design
Introducing the TriStar MPPT 600V (TS-MPPT-600V) Charge Controller. Morningstar launched the TriStar MPPT Controller family in 2009. Today this line of MPPT controllers has become the world’s leading photovoltaic charge controllers/regulators — operating in myriad autonomous residential commercial and industrial installations around the globe.
The TS-MPPT-600V builds off of these varied application experiences, and Morningstar’s 20 years of power electronics’ engineering excellence, to deliver our customers the best overall charge controller solution for their stand-alone or back-up (solar- or wind-powered) system installation needs.
Morningstar’s products are built from the inside out and deliver more than twice the industry average in operating life.
The TS-MPPT-600V—with its robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design; extensive electronic protections; no moving parts as well as epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards— delivers high reliability and excellent performance.
The TS-MPPT-600V is manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility and has been extensively tested. Its certifications include:
- RoHS Compliant, CE and NEC Compliant
- FCC Part 15 Class B Compliant
- Canadian ICES-003 and UL-1741 (CSA C22.2 No. 107-1-01) Listed
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller is available with and without a DC Disconnect Box. Model TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB includes a compact on-board DC Disconnect Box, which helps to save on installation time and cost. The DC Disconnect Box enables the TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller to be used in either positively-grounded or negatively-grounded PV systems. The DC Disconnect Box includes the following features:
- PV Disconnect Switch
- Battery Disconnect Breaker (Positive pole battery breaker)
- Four (4) Bus Bars (One for each: PV +/-, Battery +/-)
- Two (2) Standard 35mm DIN Rails
- High-Low Voltage Barrier (Internal barriers between the high voltage PV and low voltage battery wiring)